land mines.
Almost three months into my new job only have I discovered how fantastic my neighborhood is. Just around the block from where I work is Gramercy Park... and surrounding it is a multitude of beautiful buildings. I like old buildings, no wait change that... I love old structures. There is nothing better than to see ornate metal work, strong geometric lines and history in architecture.
But what comes with having a beautiful neighborhood (having the park that is..) is having to deal with scraped dog poo against the sidewalk mixed with wet snow from all the dogs in the hood. A land mine.
So this morning being 10 minutes early for work, I decided to take a stroll around the block and just be a looky-loo for a moment. I was sipping iced coffee despite the already near frozen fingers (thanks to fingerless gloves) and enjoying my morning walk. During my whole walk, I would be disrupted by that oh so familiar smell of dog eclairs. I thought, wow, purutot morning for Gramercy Park dogs. I then decided I should head to work as to not be late for work. Naunahan ko actually ang manager ko so I had to wait outside for a couple minutes.
So as I took my coat off inside the store, I kinda sniffed the smell of poo. Punyeta, natapakan ko ata yung tae. I lifted up my foot to check the soles of my shoe and true enough nabinyagan yung bago kong Stan Smith. I guess the poo smell that had been interupting my nice morning stroll was underneath my shoe... Good morning America.
But what comes with having a beautiful neighborhood (having the park that is..) is having to deal with scraped dog poo against the sidewalk mixed with wet snow from all the dogs in the hood. A land mine.
So this morning being 10 minutes early for work, I decided to take a stroll around the block and just be a looky-loo for a moment. I was sipping iced coffee despite the already near frozen fingers (thanks to fingerless gloves) and enjoying my morning walk. During my whole walk, I would be disrupted by that oh so familiar smell of dog eclairs. I thought, wow, purutot morning for Gramercy Park dogs. I then decided I should head to work as to not be late for work. Naunahan ko actually ang manager ko so I had to wait outside for a couple minutes.
So as I took my coat off inside the store, I kinda sniffed the smell of poo. Punyeta, natapakan ko ata yung tae. I lifted up my foot to check the soles of my shoe and true enough nabinyagan yung bago kong Stan Smith. I guess the poo smell that had been interupting my nice morning stroll was underneath my shoe... Good morning America.

5 Comments:
I i love old bldgs! There's one here on Roxas Blvd that has this New Orleans vibe with ornate balcony wrought-iron thingies. Nice.
hi pau. shit happens. and it happened to you! miss na kita... anyway, naiinis ako sayo kasi di ko naramadaman yun pag uwi mo. sa susunod, sabihin mo ha, and i'll buy you cheesecake. dito sa cafe ko. =)
ABBA!!! wait, may cafe ka na ngayon?! I WANT TO GO THERE AND TRY IT! tell me all about it!
mejo lang, di naman akin to, bantay lang ako. hehe. yup, cafe nga! and it's the ultimate blueberry cheesecake na you have to try.
madunong din ako gumamit ng espresso machine!!
heya...was surfing the net and i decided to pop by..the parentals are in some dinner, and i'm not invited. anyhow, i like your new stan smiths. but i like my pokpok heels better...take care! tootles! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home