reality bites.
Eight months into this so called being independent, I still could feel the sting of the huge leap I took. Reality bites, and boy does it make life a bitch. This is not to complain, but to reflect on the things I've been going thru. I worry about rent and bill money (only recently have I actually thought na I will do ok with rent and bills), sometimes worry how will I ever stretch $20 for a week for food, trying to find energy to do chores above painting and working my day jobs... things I normally won't even think about if I was still in Manila. Living in my parent's house and getting to have other people do your laundry and be fed more than 3 meals a day, all I would worry about is how much I should save up for the next pair of sneakers I'm going to get.
But above all this independence that sometimes worry me, I am trully thankful that I am in whatever situation I am right now. Indeed I am grateful that I had the chance to do this when I thought of just packing my bags and leave for NY. It may not be a total comfort zone, it is after all life school I am after.
But above all this independence that sometimes worry me, I am trully thankful that I am in whatever situation I am right now. Indeed I am grateful that I had the chance to do this when I thought of just packing my bags and leave for NY. It may not be a total comfort zone, it is after all life school I am after.

2 Comments:
say no to comfort zones! pain makes you stronger.. as long as it doesn't kill you i guess
most def! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home