Saturday, October 27, 2007

LA confidential.

Funny how I think the title "Lagerfeld Confidential" was titled as such. I have some what a knack for misreading things the first time I see letters together. I dont know why that is. I just thought that the title was kind of very "LA Confidential" sounding.

Anyway, last night me and my other flatmate Keith went to see "Lagerfeld Confidential". Its a film about Karl Lagerfeld, sort of a documentary if you could call it that by Rodolphe Marconi.

All I know about Mr.Lagerfeld is that my sister adores him. She even thinks that he is some sort of an apparition, almost a demi-god. Ofcourse, my younger sister has her way around with words. A better writer and speaker than anyone I personally know. But I digress. True enough, in the film Lagerfeld mentions he wants people to see him as not part of reality but as an apparition. Now-you-see-him-now-you-dont yung drama niya sa buhay.

So the film was quite interesting to see such an icon be so human. I've already once wrote about how I like to see people I admire in documentaries and films and see them operate. It breathes life into these "characters". My favorite scene was actually during the beginning of the film where Marconi asks Lagerfeld if he could come in his room to film. Lagerfeld was going about his business of packing his stuff for a shoot. It showed him deciding which rings he should bring with him, so he picks out quite a few and then decides to just dump the whole bowl of rings into his bag. That I think was hillarious.

I dont know where else they will be screening this film. The film is only being screened at Film Forum for a number of days I think in the city. I wont be surprised if Metro Walk comes up with a copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home