if money were no object...
i've been wanting to play catch up since I got back, but havent got the time to do it. So finally, I've coerced myself to write. Here goes nothing.
Heres something more recent. I got a call yesterday from Peter Som, and they wanted me to come in and intern as a graphic designer. My phone was dead so I wasn't able to receive the call. Thank you voice mail. Anyway, I spoke to the girl who called me up during my lunch break today and talked to her regarding the offer. Apparently, the photographer whom I've interned for recomended me for the job. How exciting is that?! Anyway, it wasn't a paid internship so I said no. It sounds nice to say that "I intern at Peter Som..", however I might end up hungry and homeless. Survival skills muna.
And speaking of how "If money were no object"... I have finally decided not to get this vintage kitchen pantry cabinet that I've planned to get and convert into my dresser/cabinet. I've been lusting over it for a week now, I even measured it and it turns out to be a perfect fit as to where I plan to put it in my room. Its actually cheap, $200. Kaso walang budget for a dresser at the moment. I could squeeze it out of somewhere, kaso I thought it wont be good practice cash handling wise. So pass na muna. Goodbye shabby chic kitchen cabinet. I know I will get something even better soon, I know this because I now work for a non-profit org thrift shop. So medyo bumabalik na sa dugo ko ang pagiging pack rat ko. It actually comes into play with my little project, a project I call my room.
Since I got back, I've been working on my room. Making it more of my own, I thought if I were to invest in something for the next couple years... might as well give myself a nice room to come home to at the end of each crazy NY day I get. A post about the room to follow.
Jump cut to paintng. I've started to paint again. I have a couple things I need paintings for... I havent really painted anything since my last show. So that must have been 3 months now? Painting time, big time.
Ano pa ba?
Oh ye, I cooked dinner for everyone kanina. Everyone, meaning cooking for my other two room mates. We sort of rotate who cooks and does what. My living situation is a sitcom waiting to be pitched. Dinner was squash soup. Ok naman ang lumabas, they liked it a lot. We even had Ritz crackers to go along with it.
Yun lang ang maisip ko ngayon. Madami pa, kaso antok na ako... I need to be at work at 9:30am. Adios!
Heres something more recent. I got a call yesterday from Peter Som, and they wanted me to come in and intern as a graphic designer. My phone was dead so I wasn't able to receive the call. Thank you voice mail. Anyway, I spoke to the girl who called me up during my lunch break today and talked to her regarding the offer. Apparently, the photographer whom I've interned for recomended me for the job. How exciting is that?! Anyway, it wasn't a paid internship so I said no. It sounds nice to say that "I intern at Peter Som..", however I might end up hungry and homeless. Survival skills muna.
And speaking of how "If money were no object"... I have finally decided not to get this vintage kitchen pantry cabinet that I've planned to get and convert into my dresser/cabinet. I've been lusting over it for a week now, I even measured it and it turns out to be a perfect fit as to where I plan to put it in my room. Its actually cheap, $200. Kaso walang budget for a dresser at the moment. I could squeeze it out of somewhere, kaso I thought it wont be good practice cash handling wise. So pass na muna. Goodbye shabby chic kitchen cabinet. I know I will get something even better soon, I know this because I now work for a non-profit org thrift shop. So medyo bumabalik na sa dugo ko ang pagiging pack rat ko. It actually comes into play with my little project, a project I call my room.
Since I got back, I've been working on my room. Making it more of my own, I thought if I were to invest in something for the next couple years... might as well give myself a nice room to come home to at the end of each crazy NY day I get. A post about the room to follow.
Jump cut to paintng. I've started to paint again. I have a couple things I need paintings for... I havent really painted anything since my last show. So that must have been 3 months now? Painting time, big time.
Ano pa ba?
Oh ye, I cooked dinner for everyone kanina. Everyone, meaning cooking for my other two room mates. We sort of rotate who cooks and does what. My living situation is a sitcom waiting to be pitched. Dinner was squash soup. Ok naman ang lumabas, they liked it a lot. We even had Ritz crackers to go along with it.
Yun lang ang maisip ko ngayon. Madami pa, kaso antok na ako... I need to be at work at 9:30am. Adios!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home