Monday, January 29, 2007

lip lock

I was talking to Ricky the other day… and I mentioned how I haven’t been around here for a long time. I have been reading all my friends’ entries everyday, but I haven’t been writing. And saying “I haven’t been blogging for ages” made me miss writing than anything else in the world. Over the past month that I have been somewhat absent from this journal, I have countlessly wrote entries only to erase it after finishing it. Not that it didn’t seem fit for whatever current mood I was in, I just felt na parang “wala lang”, so I go erase my entry.

Now I want to write.

Maybe not write, but perhaps brag of two things that I am particularly excited about as of the moment…

One is this little piece of antique steel padlock, complete with a skeleton key. It still works in a sort of archaic way. I picked it up yesterday from NYC T. RARITIES over at the LRI building found along Reposo st during my kaladkarin day. Anyway, I wasn’t going to buy anything, but I just fell in love with how the lock was shaped in this inverted triangle.. (CUT TO BUBBLE THOUGHT WHILE WRITING THIS ENTRY: the padlock now reminds me of chastity belts.. hilarious! Haha!) .. and the skeleton key is just something else. Plus I liked the way how it was inconspicuously hung on a tiny knob of some cabinet found in the corner of the store. It was quite witty I thought. Anyway, funny thing that the owner told me he wasn’t selling it as it was part of his personal collection, but said yes anyway by the end of our conversation. He even mentioned that a certain designer wanted to buy it last December so he could hang it on his bag. Too bad for that guy, I know have it in my cabinet of curiosities in my room. Clincher of the whole store experience was when I stooped down to check this wooden antique box that used to house ammunition shells and the owner just had to say “Oh that im not really going to sell, you have an eye for stuff that aren’t on sale, don’t you? HAHAHA!”.






Next is this drawing I bought from my friend lara. I asked her to do a piece for me after seeing her new works in the group exhibit we had just this month. The detail is just amazing, one picture even had initials enclosed in a heart carved on a tree (I learned that night that I was the only one who noticed this detail). The drawings are done in pencil on paper. After weeks of waiting I finally got my commissioned piece last night. I couldn’t pin point the emotion that her works evoke. Her drawings are so delicate, the lines are like tiny scratches of graphite against the white paper, as if drawn with a needle. She draws either lovers making out on top of a tree or a group of kids terrorizing street cats with hammers and ropes, also on top of a tree. Its beautifully eerie. Romantically sick.



AMAZING! All I could say really actually. She even included the detail that I really loved from one of her pieces from the show, initials enclosed in a heart.B-A-N-A-N-A-S!



I am now off to do my errands, and tomorrow I leave for a place where I could gaze at how the sun makes the horizon glisten like a sea of shattered crystal. Me, myself and I… absolute silence!

2 Comments:

Blogger anton said...

so puro PAULO-time ka the past few weeks?!?!
i like that term you coined.

lam mo ba what is ANTON-time? washing machine, linis, dryer.. saya noh?!

nice things you got ah, got some few things in thailand din na i think will have a place in my future home. :)

5:25 PM  
Blogger lazydog said...

well i have been alone most of the time for the past few weeks.. also ive been sort of kaladkarin. haha!

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home