Monday, November 06, 2006

blah blah blah and cupcakes ho-hum.

“A two time-zone difference doesn’t entirely make for distance when you always say the right things…

While odd hours translate into a dialogue of Snuffleupagus moments. Aloysius sure woudn’t mind dropping by every so often.

So what if anxiety creeps up to me at times.

Life is short, so might as well, jump right in. “
---
So a little update on things around here..
---
Sofia Coppola movies have this certain way of throwing me into loops of moods. Like how Virgin Suicides made me fall in love with solar flares and notebook doodles of teen-age infatuation and opposite sex obsession. How the deafening silence in Lost In Translation, made me aware of the buzzing sound the refrigerator makes when I eat alone in the dining area at home… or maybe how enchanting ambient noises are when you want to be all alone. Marie
Antoinette did the same thing, though I still couldn’t pin point whether it’s the chalky confection of the film or how cool (talk about the soundtrack that featured Siouxsie’s “HongKong Garden” ) the gaudy excessive lifestyle she ended up living. All I could say is how sweet everything appeared, which I really liked about the film. How every frame was dusted with sugar and how visually rich each picture was. Have I mentioned how over the top each scene was?

Go watch it, not for how the story was written but how the film looks and feels.

Heres a little something I made over at work…

---
Raena, have you heard of this?! --> BANKSY

Banksy goes blue chip. Well sort of.

Im really glad I bought his book when I was in HK for an impromptu purchase… I don’t mind having to fork over plastic when I knew I had to have his hardbound book “wall and piece”.

Thanks for introducing me to Banksy, Raens.
---
Xmas is in the air. I wake up with cold feet, literally, every morning.
Plus the sky is this nice warm orange every time the sun rises/sets.

So just before I realize that puto-bumbong time is here, the season is over. Come to think of it, its not like I’d want to slow things down. Its just that when things are lined up, life doesn’t move at this glacial pace anymore.
---
So yeah, having talked about Marie Antoinette… I have a majorly late CUPCAKE review. I wrote this a couple weeks back. An IMHO review on the next two cupcakes I’ve had in the past month, here it goes...

CCUP. Ok, first time I heard of it I thought it was like a bra size or whatever pasosy barok way of saying “sikap”. Sounds a bit pa-artsy, pa-sosyal, pretentious and super glossy. Check out the website and you’ll get what I mean.

Anyway, CCUP is a Singaporean based bakery that brings these little beauties to another level of kasosihan. Since Anton now works in Singapore, he was kind enough to bring me samples of cupcakes when he came home to visit last time…



Sorry medyo mukhang na-rape yung Ccups.. umalog daw kase ang box habang papuntang maynila..

HOWEVER! Kahit mukha silang nilamutak, sobrang ok siya. As in, it was such a luxury to have tasted them!!

First up was “Green With Envy”. It’s a pistachio based cupcake topped with pistachio butter cream icing.. it also has pistachios in it. I really liked this one…

Next was, “Tempt Me Not”.. a dark chocolate cupcake filled w/ maraschino cherries and topped with these tiny pink butter cream frosting dots… I really really really liked this one…

Last was “Isle Love You”… a coconut cupcake with coconut shavings topped with vanilla butter frosting and sprinkles. Hello. I really really really really liked this one the most…

Ccup, expensive and tiny… but it was worth trying! The cupcakes were really nice and moist. And the butter cream frosting was smooth and wasn’t too sweet or too ka-umay… 5 out of 5 cupcake mouth shots for Ccup! Yehey!



And don’t get me started with Sonja’s Cupcakes…

I was excited that they had red velvet the time I went, so that’s what I ordered along with the vanilla sunshine cupcake. Sorry, but the red velvet wasn’t all that. It wasn’t what red velvet I had hoped it to be. Magnolia’s red velvet was WAY better… is there anywhere else I could get my red velvet fix around here?



vs.



Sonja's was much "prettier" to look at.. but doesnt even come close to magnolia's red velvet.
Ive only had two kinds or red velvets in so far. so im only basing it from that.

Vanilla sunshine was just ok. Ho-hum.

Pero let me put this in writing na hindi ko pa rin ipagpapalit ang cheesecupcake ng Lemon Square. Panalo pa rin siya anytime para sa akin :)

13 Comments:

Blogger anton said...

oo nga namiss ko ata ang lemon square cheese cupcakes. naalala ko yun parate binibili natin pag umaakyat ang cart sa 26th floor. Php 6 ang isa.

malay ko naman empty box pala yun. akala ko may supporter and cupcakes, wala pala. next time, i should know better.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr wolf-in-a-suit hits the big screen!

mel and i have yet to set the date too see the film... :p

hoy anton, bakit ako walang cupcake? ha? baket? hehe.

i got to try the froulress one at sonja's... talap. nung una, arte ko pa na hindi ko type.. pero dami ko rin nakain. haha!

6:57 PM  
Blogger lazydog said...

isama mo na rin ang kupkeyk anton. haha!

pandan flavor.

7:30 PM  
Blogger lazydog said...

lets not forget, 10pounds angel.. hhaha!

oh yeah, sonja's i feel is super ovevrrated. some of it is good, some so so and mahal pa.

7:37 PM  
Blogger anton said...

@ angel - nagmeet ba tayo? HAHA. isa kasi diyan pakipot pa una, wag na daw bumili ng cupcake. pero after, gusto din pala.

CCUP is okay lang. spent $50 for 12 pcs with $10 delivery charge kasi eh. mahal din sha.

namahalan din ako sa sonja's.. parang 950 ata binayad ko for 13 pieces of cupcakes noh. loved berries and cream though.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Raena Abella said...

wow cupcake. hindi pa ako nauusuhan nyan. masubukan nga minsan...

hey pau, if you have time to surf the net, check out the links sa juxtapoz. ganda ng mga art works. ok din yung mga sites :)
http://www.juxtapoz.com

si steve tirona meron orig banksy painting.

9:05 PM  
Blogger lazydog said...

ayos ang juxtapoz magazine! :) i have a copy of it somewhere i bought sa booksale. so far my fave is mark ryden!!!!!!!

grabe, how'd he get it? im going to steal a banksy when i see one when i go back to NY or something... thats me against thousands of others who are on the lookout. HA! :)

9:17 PM  
Blogger lazydog said...

raena, gusto ko magsubmit sa reader art!!!!

submit tayo!!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 pounds my ass! im down to my last 4... ha! i think i was bloated lang that day i weighed myself... :p unless you're telling me i 'look' like im gaining weight.

sonja's is expensive nga... i wouldnt crave for it that much kasi i have other spending priorities.

ANTON: may umaayaw ba sa bigay? hehe. joke lang. i promise to make myself available when you come back.

12:49 AM  
Blogger abba said...

wow sarap cupcakes, but pau, when i make my ultimate apple pie, gusto ko may 6 photos nun inside your mouth din heheh!

oh, and raens, i have a palahniuk book na may character based on banksy. wala lang, i'll lend it to you, haunted ung title.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Raena Abella said...

uy ok yan ah. banksy and palahniuk.

pau! submit ka sa reader art please!!!

6:45 PM  
Blogger lazydog said...

abba: shempre magkakaroon ng mouthshot ang apple pie mo!! punta na tayo kina raena para magluto.. calling raena abella!! haha!

raena: kinakabahan ako, feeling ko magenter ako sa art contest. haha!! mag submit ako one of these days, isipin ko kung anong painting pinaka ok ibigay. :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Raena Abella said...

let's cook the prunes!!!]

guys, please give me a date para we can set it na.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home